Random thoughts and bits of life of a coffee loving artist

Friday, August 30, 2013

Art Auctions of September

This is perhaps the first time in the past 6 years of business that I have had a month nearly completely booked with some sort of activity in the way of promoting my work and customer/client meetings. On the schedule for September is not just 1 but 2 different art auctions that I have work in!

KVIE ART AUCTION & PREVIEW GALA

Golden Prince by Dawn Star Wood
This year marks the 6th consecutive year that I have had one of my paintings in the annual KVIE Art Auction where 100% of all sales of donated work during the auction go to the local PBS/KVIE (Public Broadcasting Station). It helps them run the TV station along with producing educational programing such as NOVA , History Detectives, Healthy Body Healthy Mind, and American Masters. Last year was the first time I have ever been awarded a Juror's Choice Award, which was for my entry Sultan's Prize. This year's entry is Golden Prince. I wanted to do something along the same lines of last year's entry (having a bird representing an ancient culture) but instead of using the majestic peacock, I chose the little heard of Chinese GoldenPheasant. Amusingly enough, the first question I was asked when I was entering the piece was “Is this a real bird?” to which I couldn't help but chuckle and reply “Yes it is”.

Preview Gala: September 16th
Live Auction: September 20th - 22nd

Friday, Sept. 20 at 8am to 11pm
Sat., Sept. 21 at Noon-10pm
Sun., Sept. 22 at noon - 10pm

For more information about the auction: KVIE Art Auction 

KVIE Studios
2030 W. El Camino Ave.
Sacramento, CA 95833



Lady of Shalott by Dawn Star Wood

PENCE GALLERY ART AUCTION

A bit of a surprise but recently I was asked by my curator at Pence Gallery if I would like to participate in their upcoming art auction. A little last minute but I said yes. To celebrate 38 years of being in the Davis community, Pence is holding an art auction featuring the works of local and regional artists. The piece that I decided to enter was my painting titled Lady of Shalott which was based off of a photo of my lovely friend, Denmark-based model Ida Mary Walker Larsen of mizzd-stock.deviantart.com. Part of the proceeds of the sales goes to the gallery while the rest goes to the artist themselves so go ahead and support area artists! 

Preview & Silent Bidding: Aug. 30th – Sept. 20th 11:30-5pm (Closed Mondays)
Auction Gala Event: Friday, Sept. 20th 6:30-9:30pm

For more information about the auction: Pence Gallery Art Auction

Pence Gallery
212 D Street
Davis, CA 95616


No comments:

Post a Comment