Random thoughts and bits of life of a coffee loving artist

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Collaboration with Rebecca Tripp – part 14


For those of you who have been following this journey of mine since the beginning, both Rebecca and I have been getting excited as her project gets closer to completion. If you're just tuning in, Rebecca Tripp is a talented young lady out of Canada who has been working on a project of pairing up a series of flower themed inspired waltzs she had written with artwork that had the flowers in question, putting them together in a music video and posting them on her YouTube account. As far as my part in this collaboration, I have been allowing her to use my work in several of the videos since she had asked me back in May 2012 and the first video that had one of my pieces in it was posted in August 2012. It has been quite enjoyable seeing what she comes up with for each one.

Due to my busy schedule as of late, it had been a couple of days since I had gone through my inbox over on my deviantART account but when I recently checked it and saw that I had a note waiting for me, I couldn't help but smile since there was a high possibility that my dear friend had created another video. Clicking, I was thrilled to see that I was right:

Click to go to 'The Waltz of the Honeysuckle' video
Now I was intrigued since honeysuckle on their own are beautiful yet difficult to paint at times but to create music to go with their delicate nature? So off I went to check out her newest creation. The Waltz of the Honeysuckle has a much slower, almost mysterious quality to it compared to any of her other works. In a way it reminded me of the beginning for a scene of a ballet, or in this case the Summer Etude for Cinderella (1:17). Continuing with that thought, my mind reminisces on the story of the 12 Dancing Princesses and more specifically when the brothers follow the young women through the forests of gold, silver and bronze. Perhaps I'm just a fanciful romantic at heart. Another piece of music that Waltz of the Honeysuckle reminds me is parts from Pines of Rome which was originally written by Italian composer Ottorino Respighi (1879-1936) and later became part of Disney's Fantasia 2000 collection.

'Enlightenment' by Dawn Star Wood
As I looked through the beautiful pieces Rebecca had chosen for the video, I wondered which of mine she had decided on since I have a habit of putting some type of honeysuckle into my pieces from time to time. I was surprised and happy to see that she decided on Enlightenment which I had done back in 2011 which is currently available at Sunlight of the Spirit Book and Gift store in Sacramento, California. The plaque in the center was based off of a photo I had taken earlier that year at one of my favorite shops and had decided upon using as a focal point. 

2314 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95816
Phone: (916) 440-1533
Email: sunlight.spirit@att.net



If you would like to see more from Rebecca and give her a message, here's where you can find her work:
deviantART: 
 http://rebeccatripp.deviantart.com/ 
YouTube: 
http://www.youtube.com/user/RebeccaETripp

Interested in finding my work? Here's were you can find and follow me: 


No comments:

Post a Comment