Random thoughts and bits of life of a coffee loving artist

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Collaboration with Rebecca Tripp – Part 6


Hot on the heels of Collaboration with Rebecca Tripp – part 5, she literally just sent me the video's link as soon as she posted it. I couldn't help but stare in disbelief at her post, completely amazed that she had been able to finish both videos so close to each other.

 



"Irish Tranquility" by Dawn Star Wood

Bluebells Waltzing has a much more spring like feel to it, reminiscent of watching the fields of wildflowers in Europe begin their blooming as the last of the snow melts. What amuses me of the piece itself is that somewhere in the beginning of the piece, there is a tiny high pitched 'ting' which seems completely out of place. I'm not quite sure if it was deliberate or a mistake but it brings back memories of watching Disney's Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 where the animators always seemed to put in an element of something falling out of place or a person stumbling before the rest of the piece was done without a hitch. The rest of the piece is beautifully done and filled with equally lovely pieces of art. 

I couldn't help but giggle when I saw the piece she had decided to choose of mine. Rebecca had decided on Irish Tranquility which I had painted earlier this year for Blue Moon Gallery for St. Patrick's Day. I was trying to pull together native wild flowers of Ireland but because of how my scanner was at the time, it ended up darkening most of the painting causing me to loose a lot of the subtle shading I had done in this 11x14 inch watercolor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment