Random thoughts and bits of life of a coffee loving artist

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Collaboration with Rebecca Tripp – Part 5


Since the beginning of our little collaborative relationship online of composer and artist, Rebecca and I had discussed how she wanted to share the works of many different artists with her music. Of course we had both noted that such a lengthy endeavor would take a lot of patience, especially when she points out to me that in some cases it had taken her nearly a year just to get responses back from people she had sent inquiries to for permission to use their work. One such case was the musical number she just sent me a link to with the following comment:


Nearly 7 months for one video? Dear Lord. Along with the fact that she is barely to the halfway point for her project of pairing artwork with her music just makes my mind race. To think that my own projects and research takes a week to nearly a month or so puts things into prospective for me the amount of work she has been putting into each of her videos. 



"Celtic Horse" by Dawn Star Wood

Nearly 7 months for one video? Dear Lord. Along with the fact that she is barely to the halfway point for her project of pairing artwork with her music just makes my mind race. To think that my own projects and research takes a week to nearly a month or so puts things into prospective for me the amount of work she has been putting into each of her videos.

With the harmony of strings, keys, and woodwinds, so many images flow through your mind. The Ivy Waltz actually has a lot of Renaissance quality to it, as if it was something that you may perhaps hear if you were attending court at a palace during the time or strolling along flower kissed paths of a lush garden. The work Rebecca chose to go along with this musical piece works perfectly with the gentleness of the piece. The piece that she chose of mine was a 10x20 inch watercolor painting I had done back in 2009 that was titled Celtic Horse. What I was trying at the time was making it look as if it was just a section of wall. Even though my style has changed a bit since then, this is perhaps still one of my favorite pieces. 


If you would like to see more from Rebecca and give her a message, here's where you can find her work:
deviantART: 
 http://rebeccatripp.deviantart.com/ 
YouTube: 
http://www.youtube.com/user/RebeccaETripp

No comments:

Post a Comment