Random thoughts and bits of life of a coffee loving artist

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Juror's Choice Announcement

Yesterday I made an announcement on my Facebook page which I realized that I should also post on here as well. Recently I had entered into the KVIE 2012 Art Auction which I was accepted into for year number 5 in a row (which I mentioned back in May in my entry 'A decision made'). Well I have been hoping each year that I have entered that I would at least place some where but every year up to this point I hadn't. Well this year has been different. 2 weeks ago I had received a phone call from the curator of the art auction collection to let me know that I had received the Juror's Choice award for my painting 'Sultan's Prize'. I was absolutely thrilled, especially when she let me know that it puts me into the running for either 1st, 2nd, 3rd or Best of Show but that wouldn't be announced until Sept. 24th during the preview gala. The catch about this phone call was that I was asked not to make any sort of announcement until they make the official announcement to the public on the 1st of August. God that was a jittery 2 weeks! Well they've finally made the announcement and I'm happy to let everyone know. What's great is that I discovered a handful of fellow artists from Blue Moon Gallery have also been accepted into the auction and at least one other has also been awarded Juror's Choice.

Fellow Blue Moon Artists accepted into KVIE Art Auction 2012:
Jan Miskulin
Michael Fitzwater - juror's choice
Gretchen Ryan

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I notice it says "accepted artists for the KVIE Art Auction from 2008 to 2011" on your blogger profile - time to update!

    It's a beautiful piece, you should be proud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much man! Yeah I'm totally thrilled but I have no idea if I'm going to get any higher prize for my category. They won't tell us until the night of the gala during the award ceremony. I'll give updates when I find out.

      Delete