Random thoughts and bits of life of a coffee loving artist

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Entered into Magnum Opus XXIII show

Well it would appear that my painting 'Heritage' has been accepted into the Magnum Opus XXIII show being put on by the Sacramento Fine Arts Center and will be shown August 7th - September 1st. I may not have won an award but I'm thrilled over the fact that I was able to get into the show. I was a bit surprised that my curator Carol Brewer had sent me an email stating "Congratulations for being chosen for this honorable show at SFAC" and honestly in my tired, fog filled brain I was trying to figure out how she had known that I even entered let alone was listed as having gotten in. Obviously I hadn't remembered to check my paperwork as to when I needed to check on that so I followed the link she had provided. Scrolling down through the list of names (in alphabetical
 order which means I was way at the bottom of the list) and there I saw my name. What a complete surprise! Many thanks for letting me know Carol because I would have completely forgotten to check until it was too late.

The Second Saturday Reception for the show is August 11th from 5:30-8:30pm at the Sacramento Fine Arts Center 5330-B Gibbons Drive in Carmichael.

No comments:

Post a Comment