Random thoughts and bits of life of a coffee loving artist

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A decision made

A few weeks ago I had posted on my Facebook account that I wanted to do a piece to put into this year's KVIE art auction but I had no idea what to do. I did know that I didn't want to do classic cars due to the fact the last 2 years I had submitted them and wasn't too thrilled with the idea of doing flowers or another koi. I ended up with a few suggestions but one that struck me was given by a good friend of mine who suggested that I could do a peacock. Admittedly I had been avoiding any paintings with peacocks because dear god the amount of detail just in the feathers but for some reason something in my brain went "Could be fun". I have no idea what made me decide that I would go ahead and go with it. Of course with how I do things, I HAD to add some more details [insert facepalm here]. Well after 4 or more hours (really lost track of time) I was able to get the line art done for the piece. Oh and did I mention I probably only have about a week and a half to work on it so that I have it done, matted and framed before the entry due date because of my current work schedule. God I'm probably going to be drinking so much coffee while working on this.

Here are the pictures of my accepted entries over the past 4 years and what I'm currently working on just so that you have an idea of how my style has evolved over the years. It seems that I become more and more detail oriented over time. It's no wonder I work nearly strictly with size 0 and 000 paintbrushes.

2012 Sultan's Prize (lines) - Here's the lines for the painting I'm about to work on. It's 11x14 inches and will be full color. 

2011 Patriotic Soul - 1940s Cadillac  (11x14 inches) 

2010 Making Memories - 1962 VW bus (11x14 inches) 

2009 Contrast - Based from a photo I had taken earlier in the year (11x14 inches)

2008 Quiet Beauty - (11x14 inches) 






No comments:

Post a Comment