Random thoughts and bits of life of a coffee loving artist

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Flowers on the Brain

I swear that now Spring has arrived, I seem to have flowers on the brain. Well flora and fauna in general at least. I thought that maybe it was just restricted to the painting that I'm currently working on for this month to put into Blue Moon Gallery. Nope. With the patch of good weather we've been having, I've been also doing work in the back yard cutting back weeds, planting/repotting plants, and tending to the herbs and plants I already have established. It's still a work in progress mind you but I'm still proud of what I've done so far. If a spot of gardening and painting wasn't enough to play with the grey matter between my ears, I was over at one of the local garden centers trying to pick up a few things that I needed when I came across an odd but beautiful bush which had little white bell shaped flowers all over it. My first thought? "Oh my god that would be a wonderful reference for a painting!" as I whipped out my phone and stared taking pictures while my patient (and rather famished) boyfriend stood nearby just shaking his head waiting me to finish so we could grab lunch. Can I face-palm now?

Work in Progress - "Tree of Life"


My backyard at the moment. The really LARGE bushes are Rosemary, Sage, Oregano, Marjoram, and Thyme.

The Lily of the Valley bushes I had discovered at the garden center. 

Earlier I was even having the random thought of since there is a jasmine green tea, wondering if there was a jasmine coffee out there and how it would taste. More then likely what I'm thinking of might exist in some Asian market. Does any have anyone thoughts on that because now the more that I think about this, the more I'm getting myself curious about if this actually exists or some figment of my twisted imagination. 


No comments:

Post a Comment