Random thoughts and bits of life of a coffee loving artist

Friday, March 30, 2012

Should be asleep but have pencil in hand


It's 12:46 in the morning right now and I really should be tossing my weary body into my bed right now but instead, what am I doing? Fighting with concept sketches for group 4 of my bookmarks. I originally had the idea of doing something along the lines of classic tattoo art or pin up girls from the 1940s and 50s. Then had the idea of doing a combination of Alice in Wonderland/ Through the Looking Glass. Even as I started on the sketches, changed my mind again not even half way through. What did I finally decide on as a theme? Fairy tales! The first one is going to be Alice in Wonderland, followed by Snow White and the Princess & the Frog. Haven't quite figured out what the fourth design is going to be yet but I'm sure something will come to me. As 1 o'clock is creeping up ever closer, think that I seriously need to listen to my body and call it a 'night' so that I have some energy in a couple of hours to get some work done and whittle my pile of projects down a bit.

2 comments:

  1. I love your bookmarks. This seems like an awesome series concept, literary in premise and maybe they'll be used in the corresponding book. Can't wait to see the results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.. I have been doodling and erasing this page of designs off and on for about a week now so it's driving me nuts lol

      Delete